One Phat Grrl

onephatgrrl@yahoo.com

Friday, October 03, 2003

Ok, so now that I got a chance to post, I will.


I think the last thing I posted was Wednesday of last week. Well, my dad stayed in the hospital till Saturday afternoon. He had a really bad day on Wednesday night (after I had posted), had a good Thursday, bad Friday and a good enough Saturday that they let him come home. He was really confused and I got to see it really first hand.

He's really weak, he can barely stand on his own. We've been given the advice that he needs to quit work. He can't drive anymore at all because of the confusion, he's not safe to operate a vehicle.

I think we're all taking it in strides. Or, at least trying to. There was a point Wednesday night--when my sister and mom had to help him to the bathroom and ultimatley my mom had to clean him for him--that I realized just how sick my father really is (as if I didn't know it already). I think it dawned on me that he really is bad and that the 100's of times I've heard my mom say that she doesn't think he can take much more waiting is probably accurate. All you can do is wait..waiting sucks.

Oh a positive note--the hospital where he is getting his transplant has transplanted 4 livers this week alone. That is awesome. I'm hoping it will come before or by my birthday. What better present!

Well, I guess I need to get to steppin' and at least pretend to work. It is Friday, so it's hard.

xoxoxo